Monday, February 19, 2007

Wrapped up


Today is a public holiday in my country. It's Chinese New Year and everybody should be on leave until tomorrow. As for me and my husband, we do not get that luxury. We are too wrapped up in our career until we don't have the chance to have a break. My husband is this busy engineer in a palm oil processing company and it turns out that the country is running out of palm oil. The management do not plan to just have days without operation so they decided to have a plant shutdown and nobody is allowed to take leaves except for the chinese. Nope, shutdown does not mean them closing down the plant, it's shutting down all the unit operations and time for cleaning and maintainance. He's lucky because I am also from chemical engineering background and I can understand how busy they are when it's shutdown time. If not, I'll be the sulking wife longing to be in her hometown enjoying her favourite dishes made by her mom. But what can I say...He's even still at work now, will be back by midnight. Don't forget to have your dinner honey. Don't worry about me and the kids. I believe we'll still be wide awake when you arrive in a little while so you wouldn't miss us...


Me? I have to finish my PhD proposal for my first stage examination. It's not somebody else's fault that it is still an unfinished business. I went to my office today, but just for a few hours. Just to make myself feel less guilty though. But surprisingly I worked a little harder when nobody else is around the office. The ideas came pouring like an unstoppable rain and I'm glad. I looked at my watch and it was already 6pm. Gotta go home to my kids....

Living our life as working parents do not makes us forget of who we are. We are earning a living for you guys kids and of course we won't forget you little rascals at home....

5 comments:

Suzie said...

hey you!
came across your blog while browsing through zaki's chem eng blog. Didn't get the chance to read through yet but just wanna drop by to say hello to you guys and whatssss upp???
take care now!!suzie xx

zura said...

Hey yooouuuuu....

Thanks for dropping by. I've visited your blog yesterday. Congratulations on your pregnancy...tak bagitau i pun.

ManaL said...

Zura,

Articulate i must say. Keep on sharing with us those stories of your life.

zura said...

Thank you Manal, it was like walking in a cloud when I read your comment. You are not bad of a writer too. Coming from you..I do appreciate it. I'll keep posting..insyaAllah.

Kipas Repair JB said...

Good to know that some people like reading this blog sayang...