Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What a song could bring….

A few days ago I discovered a website called youtube.com by coincidence. I was browsing through the internet reading gossips on Malaysian artistes and one of the links brought me there. Ahhh…my Mariah Carey’s all time favourite, my Bryan Adams’ and my Jon Bon Jovi’s. They used to be able to make my day during my schooling years. Brought back all the memories, bitter and sweet ones. Best of all, I found my When You Say Nothing At All from Ronan Keating. That’s our song…me and my husband. We fall in love around the time Notting Hill was released. It brought me back to England where I think I spent the best time of my life. I miss the ambience, the culture and the people. I miss the weather although sometimes it can be cruel. It always rained in England but not as heavy as the rain we get here. It was just drizzles that don’t even make us keep an umbrella when we go out. The coat is enough to shield us even if we had to walk from the univ to and from our house everyday. It’s not a big deal to walk to get us places. We walk miles everyday….no wonder I was as slim as I could be in those years. Aghh..it’s so hard to get back that slim figure I used to have, not after having my three beautiful children. But it’s not something that I feel sorry about, it’s worth it. Quite an excellent bargain, ain’t it. Not to say that I’m a fat cow now, just a few little pounds over my weight as anak dara…hehehe. Hopefully it’s not there to stay.

Anyway, as I surf through the site I found another favourite song of mine..All My Life from Kc and Jojo. I drifted through the songs with my eyes closed. It’s a beautiful song...really. As I went through the websites, I glanced through my playlist and all of them are romantic love song. Hahaha.

I have my own philosophy when it comes to songs. The kind of songs you love will reflect what kind of a person you are. Romantic love songs will picture you as someone who’s in love, happily married or soon to be married. There are just you and your partner in your romantic world..everybody else seems to vanish. Love is in the air….

Sad and depressing songs are always favored by sad and depressed people. A close friend of mine loves this kind of songs. It’s not a coincidence that she is always unlucky in love. Sometimes I feel guilty to have all the happiness while she is always gloomy and miserable when it comes to love. My friend (you know who you are) I pray for your happiness. May God grant all your wish…

As for rock and pop, I don’t quite give it a thought yet. I hope I’ll develop some insights on it sometime in the future….

No comments: