Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What a day..

Before we knew it, it has already been nearly a year that bibik (my maid) came into Malaysia and work for us (she’s an Indonesian). It was a blessing to have her around. She’s genuinely very loving towards my kids and my kids adore her. Maybe there are some chores that she can’t do perfectly here and there, but I believe we have to be grateful to have someone that really loves our kids working for us. Maybe God was testing us when He fated that we have to go through an excruciating agony to find one good maid. We’ve tried 10 maids before her and all of them had their own issues. This post would be way too long if I want to cover all those issues.

So today I have to go to Fomema in order to carry out bibik’s medical check up to renew her work permit. I wish I can go with my husband, but you know, he’s always busy. It seems so hard nowadays for him to get off once in a while to cater to my needs, especially during weekdays. But it’s okay. I think I have to understand his job and his strict boss, and also thankful for the time he always spends with us during the weekends. I enjoyed the movie you took me to last weekend, dear.

Anyway, luck was not on my side when there were a series of mishaps occurred to me today on the way to Fomema. It begins with my bad luck at the ATM machine for the cash I need to make a money order to pay for it. Out of all the four ATM machines available, only one was working and the lines was unacceptably long. I have to go to another bank but that ATM machine won’t accept my bankcard. What a bummer!! I had to take some of my savings from another account then. I was lucky that nothing really cause a delay in making the money order I needed though.

I asked my friend N to accompany me there so we have to send her girl to the nursery first. Driving a car that’s not really my car is something that I don’t really like to do though. The workshop where our Kancil is in lends me a Satria. I should be happy but the Satria is too lowered that it gives me trouble at bumpers and hill. The road to the nursery is quite hilly so I ran into a curb at one of its corner because I can’t really see the curb while climbing and cornering. Ahh…I wonder why do they have to cut the spring shorter had it lowered. Despite the stability, it’s a nuisance going on bumpers and rocky roads.

The car felt really funny but we just ignored it, thinking that the lowered thing makes it feel that way. All the roads felt really bumpy and it made funny sounds. We kept ignoring it until a guy in a lorry point a finger to my back right tyre and said that it’s flat. Alamak..why does it has to happen to me!! We had to drive quite a few kilometres until we reach a petrol station to find help (it smells funny already because of the friction of the flat tyre rubber with the road – hangit). I’ve never changed a tyre a before and I can try but we don’t have a jack in the car. The petrol station also didn’t have one. Suddenly a Bread Truck stopped and offered us to use theirs but it can’t fit under it because the car is too low. Damn it, again I wonder why do they want to have it lowered. There was no solution and I have to hurry before Fomema closes down and I have no choice but to drive to the nearest workshop in a flat-tyred car. It’s not something I was very happy to do but I had to. Luckily it was not that far and they changed it just in a matter of minutes. And it cost me just a few ringgit for the trouble, RM5 actually.

So off we go..hoping that no trouble will be on our way anymore and we reached there safely. I was elated to find out that the process at Fomema took me not more that half an hour. We drove back and not far from out office gate, while we chat, a car simply crossed the road (at a crossing) just inches in front of my car and I have to sway my car to the left to avoid us from crashing into it. The weird thing is the lady driving the car doesn’t even realise that she has done a stupid move and nearly cost us our lives. I was thankful that I managed to avoid the collision even if my tyres were already screeching in order to make us stop. It was scary. Anyway, we reached our office safely and I’m thankful that I’m okay and my friend is okay and we are still alive and kicking, breathing the air. What a day….

4 comments:

Kipas Repair JB said...

I'm sorry that you have to face all those obstacle. I hope I'm there with you...

ManaL said...

Really zaki....

Btw, zura, thank god u managed to sort out ur fomema business despite going against the odds.

I never liked Satria anyway, and the Neo one looks too "far-east" with its chinky headlights. But then the only thing i like about it is the turbocharged power and the ease of its gear pick ups that send a "woohoo" feelings on an EMPTY road. Not a nice feelings if a bus/lorry/trailer truck passing next to me if i'm in a satria.

zura said...

This Satria I'm driving is quite an old one Manal..1999. I don't think the turbocharge power is something that is outstanding anymore..hahaha. But it looks cool though..mcm anak dara je I drive that satria.

Makcik Runner said...

itu tandanya dia suruh tukar keta baru..hehe