Thursday, March 1, 2007

A terrible tragedy

Last wednesday, I was cooking for my dear hubby that requested me to cook chicken rice. In the middle of getting the soup ready, at 5.20pm I received a phone call from a number that is not at all familiar. The voice on the other end was familiar though, it was my husband..... calling for help!! He was in a terrible car accident, and he said his car is in a river somewhere in Senai. His mobile phone and all his possessions that is always in the car were washed away by the current or still in the car if his lucky. I was teribbly shocked and paralysed for a few seconds and then it occured to me that he must be alright because he's the one who made the call with someone else's phone.

I rushed to the accident site which took me more than an hour because of the heavy traffic at peak time (end of office hours) and it was raining so damn heavy. I was in tears fearing for my husband's condition. What worried me was how he is doing. He might be able to call me even if he's injured. Maybe he was just trying to comfort me by saying that he's alright. I cursed the traffics and pardon me for that. Upon arriving to the site, I saw my husband who was soaking wet and rushed to him. I inspected his body and there is not even a single drop of blood. That made me feel a little bit easier but still I was worried. Maybe the injuries are internal. I wanted to bring him to the hospital but he refused. He took me to the river bank and I can see his car crushed in between a tree and a pile of big rocks.

He was damn lucky...I could have lost him if he's not. I believe God watched over him. His car could have smashed on top of the rocks with the wheels upside down and that's it. It fears me seeing the condition of the car.

Apparently, a puddle of water from the heavy rain forced my husband to slow down his car. A blue van which was in quite an unacceptable speed during a rainy day crashed into the back of his car which skidded his car onto the grass beside the road. Once on the grass, the car was totally uncontrollable and he crashed into the river far aside the road. He skidded for nearly 100m because of the high speed of the van crashing into him before he toppled into the river. The river banks was so steep and high (approximately 5-7m high) and made him topple twice or three times. His head bumped into something and left bruises on both side of his forehead. Once landed, water rushed into the car and he had to get out as soon as he can, he left all his belonging in there. Luckily the river was not too deep to cover the top of the car, the current was fast enough to take the car with it but luckily it was in between the tree and the rocks. Other than the bruises on the forehead, he's alright, thank God, Alhamdulillah.

It took the crane about one hour to get the car out of the river because of the steep riverbank. I didn't bring our camera to the scene so I can't put the pictures of in this post. I was rushing, who can think of getting the camera after receiving such a bad news. Spectators of the scene kept increasing and luckily the guy who's supposed to handle the case braught a camera. So I'll attach the pictures in the future.

So, that was the story. I almost lost him that day. How grateful I am that he's alright and came out of it without even a scratch. These past two days he is still exhausted from the ordeal and busy with replacing all his identity documents including his I/C, driving licence, bank cards and credit cards. He's so tired and could not write any post in his blogs. I will link all his blogs to this post so that the readers are not wondering why there is no new posts in there. So guys, that's the story.

4 comments:

Kipas Repair JB said...

Ooo Thank to God. Shukur. I'm lucky that God had protected me from any serious injury.

Makcik Runner said...

that must be one harrowing and very scary experience for him n you. Thank god, he's ok. i dont know what i would do if i were in the same situation.

zura said...

Sure is. I wouldn't want anything like this to happen to anyone including you kc.

ManaL said...

Zura, i 1st saw a short post on the accident on his blog (the personal one). Alhamdulillah he is fine and alive!!!